Cars are life in this house. My husband is a car enthusiast, long-time mechanic and recreational racecar driver/builder, and neither of his kids fell far from the tree. Whether it’s playing with daddy’s racecar in the garage, racing any of the one million Hot Wheels in our collection, or out at the store trying to find even more Hot Wheels to add to it, cars are everything around here. So when we heard about the Hot Wheels Ultimate Drive-Thru, it was an absolute no-brainer that we had to go.
And it was AMAZING! Just look at a few (and this is just a small fraction of how many there are. I don’t want to spoil the whole thing for you) of these awesome displays.
We happened to go at night, and let me tell you, that was really the best way to go! The entire track is lit from start to finish with spotlights on the TONS of amazing displays. And there are not one but TWO light tunnels! We’re all suckers for a light tunnel, so this was awesome.
At the entrance, you will get a Hot Wheels prize pack (included with entry) that has a 3-pack of cars, stickers, a 20% off coupon to the Bigfoot store, and a lanyard. Each of the cars in your 3-pack is displayed along the route, and it’s fun to see who can find them first as you go along.
We purchased one of the gift packs (there are 2 to choose from for $29.99 each) and our kids LOVED it. It came with one adult hat, one child hat, two Bigfoot die-cast models, a pennant, and a poster. My husband works for Firestone and has worked on the actual Bigfoot so this was a huge treat for everyone.
The amount of displays is just mind-boggling. You can hear echoes of “THAT IS SO COOL” and “OMG LOOK!” every five seconds from every car around you (and yes, of course our own). It’s a feast for the eyes – for both young and old. I mean, just look at my husband totally enraptured by it. Just between us, I think he may have enjoyed it most of all.
There are also two REALLY COOL photo ops included along the trail. I’ll just show one here (my personal favorite) where you get to pose as an actual Hot Wheels! I have to admit, this one really excited me. What a cool photo! There is another one as well, but I’ll leave that for you to discover when you take a visit yourself 🙂 A free download of each photo op is included with your ticket.
When you have a boy and a girl, a teenager and a toddler (respectively), finding things to entertain them both is really hard to do. But this Hot Wheels drive-thru really nailed it! Everyone had so much fun and they’re even asking to go again!
Thank you Hot Wheels Ultimate Drive-Thru for this fantastic experience. It is the perfect event for every kid and even just the kid at heart.
- The event runs until January 2, 2021
- Tickets are $45/car for Monday through Thursday visits, $50/car for Friday through Sunday
- Tickets are $10 more if purchased at the gate, so click here to purchase before you go to not only save some money but to ensure a contactless experience
- Toy Packs must be purchased in advance and are $29.99 each. There is a Bigfoot pack and also a Tiger Shark/Bone Shaker pack. They’re both a fantastic value and add a lot of fun to your ride!
- It took us about an hour to get through the entire track – it’s got so much good stuff!
- The event takes place at Toyota Arena in Ontario, CA (4000 Ontario Center, Ontario, CA 91764)
- Hours are Monday-Thursday: 4-9p; Friday: 4p-10:00p; Saturday: 10a-10:00p; Sunday 12p-8p
- The event will be closed on December 24th, 25th and 31st
- The entire event is from your car for COVID-friendly and socially distant experience
- TIP: If you have a convertible or a truck, take those. Put the top down or let the kids sit in the truck bed so they can really see and enjoy those displays! We enjoyed it from our SUV, but it’s a definite upgrade if you can view it from a more open space 🙂